My beautiful new ASUS Zenbook came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I of course dual booted it with ElementaryOS, but since then, I'm a bit embarassed to say, most of my time has been spent using Windows 10.
It used to be when asked why I choose Linux, the answer was easy. But my reasons are mostly technical, and Windows 10 really addresses many of them. There are still many good reasons to choose Linux -
- Windows 10 Desktop is very distracting. I Love ElementaryOS.
- Linux fonts are still easier for me to read.
- I prefer Geary to MS Mail
- Build processes like gradle run faster on Linux - this impacts iterative testing.
- The Windows Subsystem for Linux isn't well suited for gui programming.
But Windows has Visual Studio 2015 and Xamarin with excellent support for MonoGame and FSharp, and a path to put FSharp on Android. This seems preferable to my current path of Android Studio, Scala, and libGDX. And it's a jvm free solution - did I ever mention that I hate the jvm?